Brisbane Whale Watching offers tours every day from June to November.
What do we get on your Australian Whale Watching tour?
- Transfer to and from selected locations in Brisbane
- 3½ hour cruise through the south eastern most corner of the Moreton Bay Marine Park and out to the Gold Coast’s whale sanctuary
- Guaranteed sightings or a free return cruise
- Bonus scenic Nerang River canal cruise – a unique feature offered by Australian Whale Watching – view the homes and gardens of the Gold Coasts rich and famous
- Commentary by a marine naturalist throughout the cruise
- Morning tea included during the cruise (optional licensed bar & snacks)
- 2 hours to explore Surfer’s Paradise at your leisure. Easily accessible options include a visit to the Wax Museum, a trip up Q Deck (the observation deck on the world’s tallest residential building, the Q1), or enjoying the Gold Coast’s beautiful white sandy beaches
The Australian Whale Watching crew has extensive experience as whale watchers and are dedicated to providing you with the closest whale encounters possible.
Australian Whale Watching tours are limited to approx 65 passengers to ensure that your whale watching encounter is an intimate one. The captain will find the best position from which you can experience the marine life up close, and our marine naturalist will provide you with entertaining and knowledgeable commentary throughout the cruise.
Whale behaviour that you’re likely to see include;
- Full body breaches
- Pectoral slapping
- Head lurching
- Spyhopping (similar to a human treading water) Tail slapping
We have a 100% success rate in sighting humpback whales on our tours, and we regularly see huge pods of common and spinner dolphins, killer whales, minke whales, southern right whales, turtles, dugongs and sea birds.
Preparing for your cruise
All you need to bring is a warm jumper, in case it gets a little cold, and a charged camera. Everything else is provided.
Free morning tea is offered during the cruise. Additional drinks, souvenirs and gifts are available for purchase.
Australian Whale Watching is an active member of the Gold Coast Whale Watching and Conservation Association, which supports whale and dolphin research.
Gold Coast Whale Watching Pty Ltd operate the following tours: Whales in Paradise, Charters in Paradise, Reef Ryder Island Cruise, Australian Whale Watching.